Each county should designate one user as the Privacy Officer. When a client signs a Coordinated Care Consent, they have the option to add comments about any other restrictions they want to place on sharing their data. Most often, this field will be left blank. However, when text is entered in this field, the Privacy Officer will be automatically added as a cosigner. This is meant to alert the Privacy Officer, who will then reach out to the client to discuss these comments and explore what actions should be taken by the county to ensure the client’s right to privacy.
- Click the Search icon.
- Type “Staff/Users” into the search bar.
- Select “Staff/Users (Administration)” from the search results.
- This takes you to the Staff/Users list page. Find the user who will be the designated Privacy Officer. Click their name to open their user details page.
- Navigate to the Roles/Permissions Select Staff List from the first drop-down menu and click “Apply Filter.”
- Scroll down to the permission item named “Privacy Office”. Click “Grant.”
- This brings up the Role/Permissions pop-up window. Enter the start date (when the person assumed the Privacy Officer role) and click OK.
- This will take you back to the Staff Details You can see now the permission has been granted via override. Click Save.