- With an active client selected, click the Search icon.
- Type ‘Orders’ into the search bar.
- Click to select Client Orders (Client). The Client Orders list page screen will open.
- Click on the New icon in the tool bar. The Order Detail screen will open.
- Click the Order Set tab.
- In the Order Set Search field, type ‘Seclusion and Restraint’ and select the option when it appears.
- Complete the Order Set details.
- Select the Seclusion and Restraint checkbox to include the Seclusion and Restraint order in the order set.
- Seclusion and Restraint Order: Complete all applicable order specifications. Select a frequency by searching for a frequency in the search box and selecting the desired option from the dropdown. Select a priority from the dropdown. Select a start date and time and an end date and time. (Note: S&R orders typically begin with a 4-hour period. Your workflow may differ.) Optionally, type comments in the text box. Select a clinical indication checkbox. Type text into the Preceding Behavior field. Select checkboxes for forms of S&R measures. If restraints were selected, select location and number of restraints from the dropdown. Select a radio button indicating if medications are being ordered as part of the Seclusion and Restraint overall group of orders. (Note: Medication orders related to S&R may or may not be part of the Order Set as it is dependent or your organization set up and may have organization-specific workflows.)
- Next, order Seclusion and Restraint Safety Check checkbox by selecting the checkbox from the order set. This will allow for documentation by staff of Seclusion & Restraint Safety Checks from the Whiteboard under “Safety Check,” (which will automatically populate the Seclusion & Restraint Safety Check Flowsheet).
- Select a priority from the dropdown. Select a start date and time and an end date and time. (Note: Safety Checks usually coincide with the length of the Seclusion & Restraint Order)
- Depending on the needs of the client and your workflow, optionally select one or more of the nursing order checkboxes
- or each Nursing order selected, complete the questions, including frequency, priority, and start and end dates and times.
- Click Insert to add the order set to the Order List
- Click Save.
- Click Sign and complete signature of the document. For more information, see How to Sign a Document.
When documenting an order on behalf of a Prescriber, the Prescriber must be added as a co-signer and must complete their co-signature.
Each of the above orders can be ordered individually, if needed.
For instructions on how to document for Seclusion and Restraint Safety Checks, see here.
For instructions on how to discontinue a Seclusion and Restraint Order, see here.