Step by step video guide here:
- Click the Person Search icon.
- Type Last Name, First Name into the search bar (or enter client ID number)
- Hover over the correct client and click to select Coverage from the right-hand side menu.
- From the Coverage screen, click the New icon.
- Click the Plan drop down menu to select the client’s plan. This field is required.
- Enter the Insured ID number. This field is required.
- If the client has a group number, enter in the corresponding field.
- Note: The Client is Subscriber radio button automatically defaults to Yes
- Click Save.
Note: If the subscriber has not been added to the client’s contacts, select the Update Contacts button
and add the subscriber’s information to the client’s contacts
Plan Time Spans
- Back on the Coverage screen, enter the Start Date.
- If applicable you can also add an end date.
- Click Add.
- The plan will be added to the Plan Time Spans This is where the active plans display.
- Note: To view coverages for a client that have an end day, deselect the “Show Current Plans Only” checkbox
Managing COB in SmartCare is easy with the tools available. Assigned to each Plan is a coordination of benefits (COB) order in the setup, and this helps the system automatically add client coverages in the correct order. Below are steps to update manually the COB order.
- On the Plan Time Spans section of the Coverage screen select the Change COB Order button
- Enter the correct order for each Plan.
- Click Save and then Close.
Note: Clients who have both coverages for SUD and MH, can be switched in the Plan Time Span section. See below.